Home Inspections in Weymouth, MA
My name is Wayne Czybora. I started Bonafide Home Inspections back in 1994 with the goal of providing a superior home inspection so homebuyers can feel good about moving into their new home. Prior to that, I was an exterminator for 7 years and have retained my pest license ever since. This experience comes in handy when looking for signs of insect damage, as insects can cause significant damage to a house. It is highly unlikely that you will find another home inspector with that much experience in pest control (if any at all) along with that much experience in home inspections. Now, I'm not just talking about having a pest license. I'm talking about having the actual experience as an exterminator. Anyone can get a pest license.
If you want to find some of the best home inspectors in MA and NH, you really need to do some research. There's nothing worse than moving into a house and then realizing that you need to sink $20,000 into it right away, all because of an incompetent home inspector.
First, go to the State's Board of Home Inspectors' website and make sure the inspector's license is still valid. Second, check the inspector out at the Better Business Bureau. Check for complaints and read any reviews that may be posted. And don't just go for the cheapest home inspector. In this business, oftentimes you generally get what you pay for. Whatever you're spending for that house, it's a lot of money and searching for a home inspector with a “bargain hunter's” mentality is definitely not the right approach. Hope to hear from you soon.
Introduction to Weymouth, Massachusetts
Weymouth, Massachusetts, in Norfolk county, is 11 miles SE of Boston, Massachusetts. The town includes four distinct districts known as Bicknell Square, Weymouth Landing, Jackson Square and Columbian Square. Tang and the popular Bell’s Seasoning are manufactured in the city. Weymouth has a large Irish population. Most of the land has been developed. It’s included in the south shore region of the Boston Metropolitan area. The city took its name from a town in England.
The original settlers created a plantation known as “Old Spain.” The settlers were forced to leave the area due to stealing from the Indians and making threats to the Plymouth Colony. The town was established in 1635. A prominent shoe making industry began in the early years of the 1700’s and was producing shoes until 1973.
- Abigail Adams House was the birthplace of Abigail Smith Adams, the wife of President John Adams. She was also the mother of President John Quincy Adams.
- Canterbury-Libbey House is a notable historic home.
- East Weymouth features attractive Victorian Homes.
- The Fogg Library is an impressive old structure.
- The Whittmore House is an historic home.
- Washington School, located in Jackson Square is an historic building featuring Queen Anne architecture.
- Tireell House is a noteworthy old structure.
- Fogg Opera House is a notable historic building that has been converted to apartment units and retail shops.
- Town Hall is a recreation of the old Massachusetts State House.
Webb Memorial Park is located on a peninsula and offers scenic views of Boston and the Harbor Islands. It includes walking trails and areas for fishing. The Pilgrim Skating Arena is nearby. Residents enjoy the activities and entertainment located in Boston. There are numerous golf courses in the area including the Granite Links Golf Club and the Cohasset Golf Club. The nearby Natasket Beach is popular with residents. Hiking enthusiasts enjoy the close by Borderland State Park and Ames Nowell State Park.
Logan International Airport in Boston is the closest major airport. The MBTA provides bus services and the city is served by the MBTA Commuter Rail.
A Complete Home Inspection
- Exterior home inspection (walls,trim,grading)
- Porch, patio, balcony and deck home inspection
- Roof, flashing, and chimney home inspection
- Structural integrity home inspection
- Interior (walls,floors,ceilings,windows)
- Attic home inspection (including ventilation)
- Basement home inspection (water seepage)
- Heating system home inspection
- Cooling system home inspection
- Plumbing system home inspection
- Electrical system home inspection
- Termite (VA) home inspection (add’l fee)
- Radon testing (add’l fee)
- Water analysis (add’l fee)