Home Inspections in Methuen, MA
My name is Wayne Czybora. I started Bonafide Home Inspections back in 1994 with the goal of providing a superior home inspection so homebuyers can feel good about moving into their new home. Prior to that, I was an exterminator for 7 years and have retained my pest license ever since. This experience comes in handy when looking for signs of insect damage, as insects can cause significant damage to a house. It is highly unlikely that you will find another home inspector with that much experience in pest control (if any at all) along with that much experience in home inspections. Now, I'm not just talking about having a pest license. I'm talking about having the actual experience as an exterminator. Anyone can get a pest license.
If you want to find some of the best home inspectors in MA and NH, you really need to do some research. There's nothing worse than moving into a house and then realizing that you need to sink $20,000 into it right away, all because of an incompetent home inspector.
First, go to the State's Board of Home Inspectors' website and make sure the inspector's license is still valid. Second, check the inspector out at the Better Business Bureau. Check for complaints and read any reviews that may be posted. And don't just go for the cheapest home inspector. In this business, oftentimes you generally get what you pay for. Whatever you're spending for that house, it's a lot of money and searching for a home inspector with a “bargain hunter's” mentality is definitely not the right approach. Hope to hear from you soon.
Introduction to Methuen, Massachusetts
Methuen, Massachusetts, in Essex county, is 1 miles NW of Lawrence, Massachusetts (center to center) and 26 miles N of Boston, Massachusetts. It’s situated in the lower Merrimack Valley. The central area of town includes prominent granite walls and turrets which were created during the early years. Methuen includes farms and suburbs and urban neighborhoods. Colombo, Nabisco, McKesson and Micro Touch have facilities in the city. It was named in tribute to Sir Paul Methuen, a British diplomat.
The city was a significant factor in the nation’s Industrial Revolution. Mills situated along the Spicket River and Spicket Falls produced textiles, shoes and hats. David Nevins, Charles H. Tenney and Edward F. Searles left an architectural legacy that is shown in the schools, mansions, churches, houses and mills.
Methuen and nearby Attractions
- The Searles, Tenney, Nevins Historic District features distinctive architecture and is regarded as one of the most unique neighborhoods in the state.
- Methuen Memorial Music Hall includes a huge, historic pipe organ.
- Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site.
- Nevins Memorial Library is an impressive looking brick building.
- Peabody Museum.
- Salem Maritime National Historic Site.
- American Textile History Museum.
- Lowell National Historical Park.
- Merrimack Repertory Theatre.
The New Hampshire lakes, and the Atlantic coast are close enough for day trips. The nearby Harold Parker State Forest is a vast acreage and includes a collection of ponds and offers scenic views of fall foliage. Canobie Lake Park is situated in the region. The Thacher Island National Wildlife Refuge is a National Protected Area. The Essex National Heritage Area is located in Essex county and features thousands of historic sites and districts.
Methuen Higher Education
Merrimack College, the University of Massachusetts – Lowell and Rivier College are nearby.
A Complete Home Inspection
- Exterior home inspection (walls,trim,grading)
- Porch, patio, balcony and deck home inspection
- Roof, flashing, and chimney home inspection
- Structural integrity home inspection
- Interior (walls,floors,ceilings,windows)
- Attic home inspection (including ventilation)
- Basement home inspection (water seepage)
- Heating system home inspection
- Cooling system home inspection
- Plumbing system home inspection
- Electrical system home inspection
- Termite (VA) home inspection (add’l fee)
- Radon testing (add’l fee)
- Water analysis (add’l fee)