Home Inspections in Medford, MA
My name is Wayne Czybora. I started Bonafide Home Inspections back in 1994 with the goal of providing a superior home inspection so homebuyers can feel good about moving into their new home. Prior to that, I was an exterminator for 7 years and have retained my pest license ever since. This experience comes in handy when looking for signs of insect damage, as insects can cause significant damage to a house. It is highly unlikely that you will find another home inspector with that much experience in pest control (if any at all) along with that much experience in home inspections. Now, I'm not just talking about having a pest license. I'm talking about having the actual experience as an exterminator. Anyone can get a pest license.
If you want to find some of the best home inspectors in MA and NH, you really need to do some research. There's nothing worse than moving into a house and then realizing that you need to sink $20,000 into it right away, all because of an incompetent home inspector.
First, go to the State's Board of Home Inspectors' website and make sure the inspector's license is still valid. Second, check the inspector out at the Better Business Bureau. Check for complaints and read any reviews that may be posted. And don't just go for the cheapest home inspector. In this business, oftentimes you generally get what you pay for. Whatever you're spending for that house, it's a lot of money and searching for a home inspector with a “bargain hunter's” mentality is definitely not the right approach. Hope to hear from you soon.
Introduction to Medford, Massachusetts
Medford, Massachusetts, in Middlesex county, is 4 miles NW of Boston, Massachusetts. It’s situated along the Mystic River. The city features a collection of distinct neighborhoods. West Medford is regarded as an affluent area. Medford includes a large Italian population and is known for its Italian restaurants and delis as well as excellent bakeries. The city also includes a large number of Irish-Americans. Visitors have opportunities to see numerous historic sites and houses.
The area was formerly owned by Mathew Cradock. The city was established in 1630 as part of Charleston. During the 1840’s and the 1850’s large portions of the farmland was sold and replaced with commercial buildings and homes. It was incorporated as a city in 1892 and became a prominent location for manufacturing bricks, tile, clipper ships, Medford Crackers and rum.
In the late 19th century at Simpson’s Tavern, local resident James Pierpont wrote the well known song “Jingle Bells.” He was inspired by a sleigh race. Lydia Maria Child, another local resident wrote a poem which became the popular song “Over the River and Through the Woods.” The poem was inspired by her trip to her grandparents house.
The Peter Tufts House is one of the oldest all-brick buildings in New England.
- The Slave Wall is located on Grove Street.
- The Amelia Earhart residence.
- Grandfather’s House is the house mentioned in the well known song “Over the River and through the Woods.”
- Issac Royall House is a museum featuring numerous antiques and is a National Historic Landmark. It includes an historic slave quarters.
- Salem Street Burying Ground.
- Grace Episcopal Church features Gothic architecture and is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Chevalier Theatre provides concerts and a variety of shows.
- Medford City Hall features exhibits of historic items.
- The Medford Historical Society owns one of the largest collections of original Civil War prints in the world.
- Old Ship Street Historic District.
- Old Medford High School.
- Bigelow Block.
- Hillside Avenue Historic District.
- Park Street Railroad Station.
Wrights Pond provides opportunities for swimming, fishing, picnicking and hiking. The city has numerous parks which offer sports venues. The Middlesex Fells Reservation is used for hiking, bicycle riding and includes a sledding area. Nearby Boston offers a variety of activities and entertainment.
The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority provides bus services. Residents have access to the area’s rapid transit system.
Medford Higher Education
Medford is home to Tufts University.
A Complete Home Inspection
- Exterior home inspection (walls,trim,grading)
- Porch, patio, balcony and deck home inspection
- Roof, flashing, and chimney home inspection
- Structural integrity home inspection
- Interior (walls,floors,ceilings,windows)
- Attic home inspection (including ventilation)
- Basement home inspection (water seepage)
- Heating system home inspection
- Cooling system home inspection
- Plumbing system home inspection
- Electrical system home inspection
- Termite (VA) home inspection (add’l fee)
- Radon testing (add’l fee)
- Water analysis (add’l fee)