Home Inspections in Leominster, MA
My name is Wayne Czybora. I started Bonafide Home Inspections back in 1994 with the goal of providing a superior home inspection so homebuyers can feel good about moving into their new home. Prior to that, I was an exterminator for 7 years and have retained my pest license ever since. This experience comes in handy when looking for signs of insect damage, as insects can cause significant damage to a house. It is highly unlikely that you will find another home inspector with that much experience in pest control (if any at all) along with that much experience in home inspections. Now, I'm not just talking about having a pest license. I'm talking about having the actual experience as an exterminator. Anyone can get a pest license.
If you want to find some of the best home inspectors in MA and NH, you really need to do some research. There's nothing worse than moving into a house and then realizing that you need to sink $20,000 into it right away, all because of an incompetent home inspector.
First, go to the State's Board of Home Inspectors' website and make sure the inspector's license is still valid. Second, check the inspector out at the Better Business Bureau. Check for complaints and read any reviews that may be posted. And don't just go for the cheapest home inspector. In this business, oftentimes you generally get what you pay for. Whatever you're spending for that house, it's a lot of money and searching for a home inspector with a “bargain hunter's” mentality is definitely not the right approach. Hope to hear from you soon.
Introduction to Leominster, Massachusetts
Leominster, Massachusetts, in Worcester county, is 18 miles N of Worcester, Massachusetts (center to center) and 37 miles W of Boston, Massachusetts. It’s situated along the Nashua River. Leominster and Fitchburg are known as the twin cities. The municipality includes several small villages. A granite marker indicates the birth place of the well known Johnny Appleseed. It’s located on Johnny Appleseed Lane.
It was named in tribute to Leominster, Herefordshire England. The plastics industry is a significant factor for the economy. Even though it does include manufacturing, the city is primarily a residential community.
The town was settled in 1653 and in 1915 it was incorporated as a city. Beginning in the early 20th century, the plastics industry was flourishing and Leominster was called “The Pioneer Plastics City.” It had a major role in the development of the plastics industry in the United States.
In 1919, Sam Foster began the Foster Manufacturing company which later became the Foster Grant Company. It was one of the prominent plastic manufacturers in the nation. Around 1928 the well known Foster Grant sunglasses were created. In 1925 the prominent Viscoloid company merged with Dupont and became The Dupont Viscoloid Company. Union Products created the well known pink flamingo lawn ornament.
- The National Plastics Center & Museum.
- Kendall Hall is a major landmark.
- Johnny Appleseed Visitors Center.
- Doyle Field.
- Leominster Historical Society.
- Sholan Farms is an apple orchard and offers a look at the region’s agricultural history. It hosts a variety of festivals and is a popular tourist destination.
- City Hall is a prominent landmark.
Leominster State Forest is popular for hiking and mountain biking and features a variety of wildlife. The Midstate Trail is a scenic rural path which traverses through Worcester county and includes numerous interesting historic, geologic and natural features. Doyle Reservation is a large forest park.
Leominster Higher Education
The city is home to the Mount Wachusett Community College – Leominster Campus.
A Complete Home Inspection
- Exterior home inspection (walls,trim,grading)
- Porch, patio, balcony and deck home inspection
- Roof, flashing, and chimney home inspection
- Structural integrity home inspection
- Interior (walls,floors,ceilings,windows)
- Attic home inspection (including ventilation)
- Basement home inspection (water seepage)
- Heating system home inspection
- Cooling system home inspection
- Plumbing system home inspection
- Electrical system home inspection
- Termite (VA) home inspection (add’l fee)
- Radon testing (add’l fee)
- Water analysis (add’l fee)