Home Inspections in Haverhill, MA
My name is Wayne Czybora. I started Bonafide Home Inspections back in 1994 with the goal of providing a superior home inspection so homebuyers can feel good about moving into their new home. Prior to that, I was an exterminator for 7 years and have retained my pest license ever since. This experience comes in handy when looking for signs of insect damage, as insects can cause significant damage to a house. It is highly unlikely that you will find another home inspector with that much experience in pest control (if any at all) along with that much experience in home inspections. Now, I'm not just talking about having a pest license. I'm talking about having the actual experience as an exterminator. Anyone can get a pest license.
If you want to find some of the best home inspectors in MA and NH, you really need to do some research. There's nothing worse than moving into a house and then realizing that you need to sink $20,000 into it right away, all because of an incompetent home inspector.
First, go to the State's Board of Home Inspectors' website and make sure the inspector's license is still valid. Second, check the inspector out at the Better Business Bureau. Check for complaints and read any reviews that may be posted. And don't just go for the cheapest home inspector. In this business, oftentimes you generally get what you pay for. Whatever you're spending for that house, it's a lot of money and searching for a home inspector with a “bargain hunter's” mentality is definitely not the right approach. Hope to hear from you soon.
Introduction to Haverhill, Massachusetts
Haverhill, Massachusetts, in Essex county, is 28 miles N of Boston, Massachusetts. The city is located along the Merrimack River and includes attractive historic architecture, especially of the Victorian style. Haverhill offers an active downtown and features picturesque farms and scenic lakes. It’s part of the Essex Natural Heritage Area.
The town was originally a farming community and later developed into a prominent industrial center. During the 18th century the tanneries, shipping industry as well as ship building were flourishing. In the past, Haverhill had a thriving hat production industry. It was incorporated as a city in 1870. The municipality was home to a branch of the American Anti-Slavery Society. Haverhill included a prominent shoe industry during the early 1900’s. The municipality was the location of the original Macy’s store.
- Tattersall Farm is a natural conservation area featuring trails for walking and cross-country skiing.
- John Greenleaf Whittier Homestead was the birthplace of the notable poet and abolitionist.
- Winnekenni Castle has a medieval-style appearance and hosts indoor and outdoor cultural events.
- The Buttonwoods Museum features native American relics and a vast number of collectibles.
- Dustin Garrison House.
- Haverhill Antique Market.
- Kimball Farm.
- September Fest.
- Statue of Hanna Duston.
- Pentucket Arts Center.
- Kids Fest includes rides, games and a variety of activities.
- Washington Square is known for its restaurants and taverns.
- The business district incldudes numerous specialty shops.
Residents and visitors enjoy the hiking trails along the Merrimack River. The Winnekenni Basin is a scenic destination and provides trails for walking and horseback riding. Golf enthusiasts enjoy playing at the local golf courses. Lake Salronstall is popular for swimming and sailing. Boating along the Merrimack River offers scenic views.
Fishing opportunities are available at the numerous lakes and ponds. The city features a popular indoor ice rink and numerous attractive parks for outdoor activities. The historic cities of Newsburyport, Salem and Portsmouth are nearby. Harold Parker State Forest is a scenic location for hiking and horseback riding. Residents enjoy skiing at Bradford which is close by.
Haverhill Higher Education
The city is home to the Northern Essex Community College.
The MTBA Commuter Rail and Amtrak offer transportation to Boston.
A Complete Home Inspection
- Exterior home inspection (walls,trim,grading)
- Porch, patio, balcony and deck home inspection
- Roof, flashing, and chimney home inspection
- Structural integrity home inspection
- Interior (walls,floors,ceilings,windows)
- Attic home inspection (including ventilation)
- Basement home inspection (water seepage)
- Heating system home inspection
- Cooling system home inspection
- Plumbing system home inspection
- Electrical system home inspection
- Termite (VA) home inspection (add’l fee)
- Radon testing (add’l fee)
- Water analysis (add’l fee)